Subject: Re: [boost] [AFIO] Review (or lack of it)
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-29 03:11:46

On 2015-08-29 08:46, Roland Bock wrote:
> On 2015-08-29 08:27, Roland Bock wrote:
>> I explained why write should be const
> Sorry, read should be const, of course

And, just to show you that your claim about unfounded claims is
unfounded (come on, seriously!), here is what the simplest API of an
STL-based named Blob store could look like IMO.

#include <vector>
#include <string>

class data_store
{
  std::string _store_path;

public:
  data_store(std::string store_path);

  auto read(std::string name) const
    -> std::vector<uint8_t>;

  auto write(std::string name, const std::vector<uint8_t>& blob)
    -> void;
};

Please note that this one actually /is/ STL based.

Please remember to read your own conditions before making unfounded
claims about how this is much, much worse in oh so many ways than the
one you claim to be the simplest one.

Still trying to help, although you might believe or see it that way.