Subject: Re: [boost] [AFIO] Review (or lack of it)
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-29 12:18:34

On 8/29/15 12:11 AM, Roland Bock wrote:
> On 2015-08-29 08:46, Roland Bock wrote:
>> On 2015-08-29 08:27, Roland Bock wrote:
>>> I explained why write should be const
>> Sorry, read should be const, of course
>>

> And, just to show you that your claim about unfounded claims is
> unfounded (come on, seriously!), here is what the simplest API of an
> STL-based named Blob store could look like IMO.
>
> #include <vector>
> #include <string>
>
> class data_store
> {
> std::string _store_path;
>
> public:
> data_store(std::string store_path);
>
> auto read(std::string name) const
> -> std::vector<uint8_t>;
>
> auto write(std::string name, const std::vector<uint8_t>& blob)
> -> void;
> };
>

> Please note that this one actually /is/ STL based.

I've been looking at the comments in the review threads. Sometime ago I
reviewed the documentation for the AFIO library. I sat in on two
presentations on the subject at C++Now. That is all I know about the
library. Sadly, I won't have time to make a review.

The above comment is the only thing in all of this which has made any
sense at all to me. I don't see why something like the above shouldn't
be possible and I don't see why it would be a bad idea. A library which
did this would be highly useful.

Robert Ramey