Subject: Re: [boost] AFIO review response
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-29 09:20:23

On 28 Aug 2015 at 9:42, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> This is my (sadly very short) AFIO review.
>
> I vote NO (to not accept) the library into Boost as I'm not able to tell
> whether the library is useful and fit for Boost.

I request that this review NOT be counted as part of the review
decision for these reasons:

1. The reviewer repeatedly made claims about AFIO prefixed or
postfixed by the admission that he had not looked at AFIO's
documentation or source code.

2. The reviewer repeatedly vocally misunderstood or failed to
understand myself and other people's discussion threads in a manner
which could be characterised as an attempt to spread uncertainty and
doubt through deliberately mischaracterising a discussion point in a
thread he had no party in. On multiple occasions even when the other
party to the discussion thread corrected the reviewer's mistaken
understandings, they were promptly told (as if the reviewer is some
form of god) that the reviewer's interpretation is right and any
other interpretation is wrong period, and end of discussion.

3. I carefully reviewed every single point and post the reviewer made
as is appropriate to the reviewer's long time contributions to Boost,
C++ and his stature as a current member of the Boost Steering
Committee. Not once did I find a single point of substance or merit
in any of the copious messages he posted, and I therefore could see
no reason to reply to anything he said. I am sure that anyone
reviewing the reviewer's posts will similarly find no actual content
in anything the reviewer said - it was just a lot of pointless noise
and a waste of everybody's time.

4. The reviewer has not contributed to any Boost review since 2012 by
my reckoning until this one, despite the many reviews held since. I
therefore submit that this "review" is merely the latest instance in
a long sequence of harrassment by the reviewer, and is not a fair
review. It should therefore not be counted as one.

I genuinely do not understand what about me so infatuates him, but I
wish he would stop and leave me alone.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting