Subject: Re: [boost] AFIO review response
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-29 10:02:35

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015, Niall Douglas wrote:
> I request that this review NOT be counted as part of the review
> decision for these reasons:

Hi Niall,

I always felt that it was a positive sign of health in any online
community when strongly opinionated people are free to voice their
thoughts. This is why, even if I may disagree with some of your
opinions, I would think "the Boost forums are yet alive" when you
would speak openly about what you think Boost leadership should do.

As someone who has been following the AFIO review, I have to say, this
is the one instance where I was surprised by your attitude. I expected
you to reply to Harmut's e-mails, and not ignore them. You've no doubt
had to defend at least one thesis in your lifetime before a committee.
Even if you think a member of that committee is unjustly attacking
points in your work, you hold your head up high, respond, and let it
not get personal.

By not doing that and by your assertions in your mail above it appears
to everyone that you're the one who has chosen to make things
personal...

Glen