Subject: Re: [boost] AFIO review response
From: Andreas Schäfer (gentryx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-30 02:47:07

On 17:44 Sat 29 Aug , Andrey Semashev wrote:
> Too bad that Niall is taking his posts personally and is unlikely to take them
> into account to improve the library.

+1.

My personal experience: I had some of my codes shot down by others,
rewrote them, sometimes had them shot down again. Even colleagues I
consider personal friends will challenge my design decisions. And it's
always been for the better.

And if critique feels like trolling, it's perhaps because my message
wasn't understood. If an expert, or many, misunderstand me, it's
likely that my message wasn't clear. That's a lesson that can also be
learned from this review.

Cheers
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
HPC and Grid Computing
Department of Computer Science 3
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
+49 9131 85-27910
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
http://www.libgeodecomp.org
(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!