Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.test failures in develop
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-04 04:03:56

Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:

> Maybe what you want to suggest is that we include a little metadata in
> each library indicated the C++ revision requirements so that the test
> system can automatically skip those libraries which the tester doesn't
> want or is not able to test against. The column for that tester just
> wouldn't appear when not relevant.

The the worst idea. We can also check corresponding tags on all dependant
libraries and indicate which one is not available in target configuration.

It would also be nice to have an ability to specify which release of the
dependency I want to build against. unit_test_framework:master - will
indicate master branch, unit_test_framework:develop - develop branch.
unit_test_framework:1.59.0 - corresponding tag. I believe we spoke about
this at some point, but with git move everything else seem to be forgotten.

Gennadiy