Subject: Re: [boost] [nowide] Library Updates and Boost's brokenUTF-8 codecvt facet
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-08 10:03:34

Artyom Beilis wrote:

> We can create a "Separate" codecvt library with its own formal review and
> it would be ready in best case in a year...

One option is to put it into utility; another is to use a mini-review if the
new codecvt library is an implementation of the standard <codecvt>
interface.

std::codecvt_utf8 is not quite the same as boost::utf8_codecvt_facet, but on
the other hand, from your previous message it seems that your
utf8_codecvt_facet is not std::codecvt_utf8 but std::codecvt_utf8_utf16, or
perhaps it's the latter when wchar_t is 16 bit and the former when it's 32
bit.