Subject: [boost] ATTENTION: Library requirements..
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-06 11:02:36

Last Summer I brought up the subject of library organization requirements
to make it easier to write the development and release tools needed to keep
the Boost machine going. See this thread <
http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2015/06/223027.php> for a refresher.

This morning I committed the first part of the above.. A new set of library
requirements that take into account existing practices. Adds some
additional integration requirements. And puts in limits to reduce some
integration burdens.

Please read the new requirements carefully <
http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#Requirements>. It would
be wonderful if authors start making changes as needed immediately. But at
some point I, and possible others, will start making changes to all
libraries to follow the requirements. So that the release, build, and
testing teams can move forward with better support.

And of course, more cleanups and such will follow. Hopefully before the
next release is out the door.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything