Subject: Re: [boost] ATTENTION: Library requirements..
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-08 06:06:38

Le 06/01/16 17:02, Rene Rivera a écrit :
> Last Summer I brought up the subject of library organization requirements
> to make it easier to write the development and release tools needed to keep
> the Boost machine going. See this thread <
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2015/06/223027.php> for a refresher.
>
> This morning I committed the first part of the above.. A new set of library
> requirements that take into account existing practices. Adds some
> additional integration requirements. And puts in limits to reduce some
> integration burdens.
>
> Please read the new requirements carefully <
> http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#Requirements>. It would
> be wonderful if authors start making changes as needed immediately. But at
> some point I, and possible others, will start making changes to all
> libraries to follow the requirements. So that the release, build, and
> testing teams can move forward with better support.
>
> And of course, more cleanups and such will follow. Hopefully before the
> next release is out the door.

I have a question about "ownership"
http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html#Ownership but maybe
it should go to another thread:

from a previous thread

I had the feeling there was no clear consensus on how to state the
copyright notice, and especially how to maintain it. Boost.test ppl
suggested to have some form of impersonation, using a generic copyright
holder such as "boost.test contributor".
Is there any status on this? Should we continue the thread?

Best,
Raffi