Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] Request for a "Policy Review" regarding 'CMakeLists.txt'
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-19 16:42:19

Le 19/05/16 à 19:57, Paul Fultz II a écrit :

> On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 11:46:28 AM UTC-5, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

But... are you asking for a change, or are you trying to enforcing it?

Because so far I can see
A- some people opposed to this proposal (me included),
B- some people waiting for a clear statement in the policies (and then
maybe turning to one of the other options)
C- some people not caring at all
D- some people that approve this change

If you want that A/ disappears at all costs, then this is apparently not
going to happen. Would getting B/ done change the play? If C+D >> A,
would that deny A/ ?

I have the feeling we are in a dead end (I do not feel alone here).
Maybe having B/ done will gives us some feeling of progress. I also hope
that not having one single CMake file in the place you think is right
will not harm your interest in boost for the rest of your life, and will
not question the value of boost, its future, etc etc.

Best,
Raffi