Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Evolution
From: Vladimir Batov (Vladimir.Batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-05-19 17:20:21

On 05/20/2016 03:08 AM, Nevin Liber wrote:
> On 17 May 2016 at 11:37, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> There is one big lesson from all this:
>>
>> a) Boost is not a company - we don't take direction from the top.
>> b) Boost is not a government - we actually do something.
>> c) Boost is a religion - want something changed, start preaching. Get
>> other people on board. Convince people people to start doing something.
> Boost is not a religion. It's a set of tools; no more, no less.

Clearly Robert was metaphorically speaking and explained well what he
meant -- "want something changed, start preaching"... Maybe a bit too
strong but still...

> ... in
> some ways making a proposal directly to the committee is easier if you want
> to get your library out there: shorter commitment, only need one
> implementation...

I personally far from sure that's a good idea. IMO Boost has been an
excellent (and essential) preparatory platform (and a safeguard) for
potential/future std inclusion.