Subject: [boost] Attention library authors.. Library requirements testing is now active.
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-14 11:14:20

As part of continued efforts to move testing to CI, to facilitate release
management, and to provide more information to authors I've now implemented
some testing changes:

1. Most libraries are now tested automatically if they have a usable test
directory.

There are still libraries that do not follow the requirements of having all
their tests in just the single test directory. You can see which ones those
are here <
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/develop/status/Jamfile.v2#L101>.
Library authors should IMMEDIATELY make changes to their test/Jamfile's to
follow the library requirements for testing. Before the next release I plan
to blindly remove that custom list of extra test targets.

2. Most structure library requirements are now checked both in the regular
full testing and in the CI testing.

I've implemented a script to check for most of the library directory
structure and integration requirements. The script runs as an additional CI
job, currently in Travis. Here's one of those jobs <
https://travis-ci.org/boostorg/boost/jobs/137506433>. At the moment it
reports 17 libraries as having errors. There are also some warnings, i.e.
not requirement violations but just some stuff that may be wrong. The
script also runs as part of the general full testing and any problems are
reported in each library's results as a single entry at the top of the
tables. Here's how one of the test failures looks like <
http://tinyurl.com/zbe9gal> [1] [2].

It would be great if library authors address those errors in some form
ASAP. I know that for some of those reported libraries there will need to
be some discussions as to how to best address the errors. Feel free to
start additional threads for those as needed.

[1] <
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/teeks99-09f-win2012R2-64on64-boost-bin-v2-libs-numeric-conversion-test-__boost_check_library__-test-msvc-14-0-dbg-adrs-mdl-64-thrd-mlt.html

[2] Note there are currently some false failures in this aspect from a
build system "bug". The bug is already fixed but tests will take some time
to cycle to reflect the bug fix.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything