Subject: Re: [boost] [fiber] Suggestions regarding asio
From: Tatsuyuki Ishi (ishitatsuyuki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-25 10:17:13

Hmm, this is a little off-topic, but I'd like to describe I'm now searching
for an alternative and why.

Asio sucks in the following point:
Its design is incapable to save system calls by doing a batch poll.
Its design doesn't allow the user to specify a timeout, which is essential
in suspend_until.
It lacks of useful things for a coroutine-based system like filesystem
operations.

An full featured alternative is libuv, however it lacks the direct yielding
hooks, and has a different design especially on stream reading from asio.

Maybe I will get patching into asio. I'm just sending for some commence.