Subject: Re: [boost] preparation for Gsoc 2017
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-04 05:20:20

On 4 Oct 2016 at 6:53, Prashant Kumar wrote:

> Hello Boost community, I need some help for preparing effectively for Gsoc
> 17 with Boost community. I have been through the boost gsoc webpage and for
> getting selected in Gsoc an aspirant need to provide competency Test. I
> want to know that apart from competency test what other projects would be
> helpful in making my proposal strong.

If you look through the competency tests for past years you'll get a
very good idea of what is required.

> Should I be writting more programs
> using boost library ? , should I be aware of all boost libraries ?. I want
> your suggestions as I'm very serious regarding the matter. thanks!! and
> sorry if the question is quite nooby.

You probably don't need to start worrying until December. Between now
and then, finding a Boost library you would like to contribute to and
finding a mentor who would be willing to mentor you would be a good
idea.

Note that this year Boost did not receive Google approval. We hope
this will be remedied next year.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting