Subject: [boost] [outcome] Requesting pre-review of Boost.Outcome tutorial
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-11 14:27:22

Dear Boost,

I am hoping to bring Boost.Outcome, a C++ 14 library providing a
factory and family of policy driven lightweight monadic
value-or-error transports, into the Boost peer review queue by March
2017 followed shortly thereafter by an ACCU talk in April if my talk
proposal passes their programme committee. To that end, I've written
an explanation and a sort of tutorial explaining the history and
purpose of Outcome at https://ned14.github.io/boost.outcome/ and I'd
greatly appreciate if people could tell me:

1. Does it make sense?

2. Do you think you could use Outcome in your own code after reading
it?

3. Do you think you would want to use Outcome in your own code after
reading it?

4. Are there any missing parts which are showstoppers?

My thanks in advance. Be aware the install stuff described at the
start doesn't work yet. The reference documentation is also quite
patchy thanks to doxygen not understanding CRTP. All that stuff and a
fair bit more remains to fix before it's ready to enter the Boost
peer review queue.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting