Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc17]Getting started with Project 2 in Boost.Geometry:R-tree serialization
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-07 12:45:47

Hi Ruoyun,

Ruoyun Jing wrote:
> Talk with with boost mailing list is also good for me.:) Now it is
> really early today, and I found that i write i am in
> UTF-8......hahaha....I'm sorry for my bad english....I'm in UTC+8
> zone.And for the test of project 3, do i just implement serialization
> of minimally Point models in arbitrary dimension,or implement many
> other models in Boost.geometry?

Yes, for PROJECT 2 "R-tree serialization" you have to implement the
serialization of models implemented in Boost.Geometry. The minimum is
the serialization of model::point in arbitrary dimension and
model::point_xy but you may also implement it for other models, e.g.
model::box, model::segment, etc. And it should be as generic as possible.

> And one thing i want to know if it is possible for me to know is how
> many students do we need for Boost.Geometry in GSoC17? If you don't
> want to answer, i apologize and you may just forget it,because I hope
> this question doesn't annoy you, and hope you to have a good day. :)

I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly. What do you mean by
"how many students do we need"? AFAIK there is no predefined number of
students that have to prepare proposals. What matters is the knowledge
of the student and the quality of the proposal.

Adam

P.S. Please don't top-post on Boost mailing lists, see:
http://www.boost.org/community/policy.html#quoting