Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc17]Getting started with Project 2 in Boost.Geometry:R-tree serialization
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-07 13:00:37

Ruoyun Jing Via Boost wrote:
> b2 test
>
> ```
> The time of testing is too long, yesterday I ran three times for 1.5 hours
> and today i began at about 7 o'clock and now is 13:03, it still running, is
> this normal?Or i got something wrong? I used unbuntu 16.04.2 in virtual box
> for 4 cores, 4GB RAM, Inter Core i7-4712HQ for testing.If it is
> normal,could you tell the reason of these, so i'll do better develop in the
> future days. :)

Yes, it's because there are many tests in Boost.Geometry. You can find
the tests you've run in the libs/geometry/test directory. And it's only
a part of all of the tests since the tests for the rtree are located in
libs/geometry/index/test. This step in the tutorial is there only to
verify if your cloned repository of Boost.Geometry works correctly.

For the competency test or writing of the proposal you don't have to run
the tests of the library.

Btw, it's possible to run only a fraction of tests, e.g.:

b2 test/algorithms/area
b2 index/test/rtree/exceptions

Adam