Subject: Re: [boost] [review queue] What to do about the library review queue?
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-15 11:19:12

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 4:53 AM, Niall Douglas via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> There are libraries in
> the Boost main distro with open bug count nine years old. That's
> unacceptable in any set of libraries claiming to have quality.
> Last time I looked in detail (before the corporate sponsorship effort),
> about half of Boost libraries had maintenance issues, but there was a
> hardcore 20% that is damaging the Boost brand and those need to go.

I've been using Boost for years now and I didn't even know about these
libraries with maintenance issues. And knowing about those issues now
does not deter me from continuing to use Boost - I will simply avoid
the libraries with problems and continue to use the good ones. Can you
provide some evidence that this problem has "damaged" the Boost brand?