Subject: Re: [boost] [partly OT] Re: [review queue] What to do about the library review queue?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-16 12:57:17

Make sure that we do not lose the BIG history in Trac, including many links documentation issues in Trac, (for example
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/12908), and make all this available in GitHub.

Nobody has been prepared to do this, so many projects are still using Trac.

If projects are moving to use GitHub instead (or starting new projects using GitHub entirely), it would be helpful if somehow users
who referred to Trac to find or report bugs would be altered to this. I don't know how to do this, but it would be a first step.
(I'd also like to know how best to provide an equivalent to the above examples of a link to Trac).

After a decade or two, the stuff in Trac will become of historical interest only, but until then ...

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse