Subject: Re: [boost] Feedback request for Invariant Library idea
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-17 09:08:03

> Hello!
>
> I am asking for some feedback if my library idea is good enough to be part
> of boost if it will meet the requirements.
>
> C++20(?) contracts will be great, it will allow us to write cleaner
> interfaces, but i don't feel like it solve every issue i would like to
> solve.

No, they won't. In particular, there will be no support for invariants. But
also, it is not that clear that they will make it into C++20.

> Do you think it would be a good addition to boost? I appreciate any
> feedback!

Your library matches close to constrained_value, that has been a candidate
for Boost some time ago. Maybe you should check and compare with the author:
http://rk.hekko.pl/constrained_value/

Your library -- it looks like it tries to specialize more for type int. A
similar functionalit is available in the recently reviewed safe_numerics
library. In documentation it even discusses the case like yours, and
similar optimizations. You may wish to check it out:
https://github.com/robertramey/safe_numerics/

Regards,
&rzej;