Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: [boost] [release] 1.64.0 Delayed because of Microsoft (version numbers)
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-03-17 15:12:53

Sorry to say the beta release of 1.64.0 is hereby going to be delayed for
at least another week. The confusion of VS2017 version numbers and the
communities inability to address this issue after the beta is to blame.

To address the situation the beta release will be published when one of the
two tasks below are completed:

(A) Boost Config changes to use 1410 as the autolink version to match what
the currently working generated libs are taggeg with.


(B) The community decides what version number we should be using and the
appropriate PRs are filed and applied and tested for all the repos
involved. Which means:

1. The community has until 12:00 CDT US March 18 to decide on what the vc
version number and tag should be.

2. The community must post PRs for the places where we reference VS2017
version numbers to the new number. Those are at least:


People have until 17:00 CDT Monday March 20 to submit those PRs.

3. The community can test the resulting master snapshot when available at
the latest 24:00 Monday March 20.

4. If all goes well we can have a beta release on Wednesday March 22 (ie
one week late).

-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- Robot Dreams -
-- rrivera/ (msn) - grafikrobot/aim,yahoo,skype,efnet,gmail

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at