Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing
From: Ruoyun Jing (jingry0321_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-03 10:07:45

Hi Boost, Vissarion, Adam, Niall, David

Sorry for disturbing you at this time, I experienced a very bad thing that
Satyam Pandey, a student who sent proposal yesterday copied too many
sections of my proposal. I marked the sections red in the given PDF.* I
think the same pattern of GSoC proposal is common, and it does not matter,
but his proposal has too many same description as me. *

And I received two emails from google docs. I will transmit these two
emails in the following emailsThe meaning of one email is Satyam Pandey do
a replace:replace “Dev Environment Visual Studio for C# development Eclipse
for JAVA development Code Blocks, Sublime T…” to“`+”

The meaning of another email is Satyam Pandey reject the comment of
"Proposal" from his own, replace “Dev Environment Visual Studio for C#
development Eclipse for JAVA development Code Blocks, Sublime T…” to“`+”

I sent an email to him, but he did not think he did the copy work. But the
actually thing is* he forked the whole proposal and then change some words
to fix his condition.*

> Hello Ruyong,
> I just wanted to explain my part here. I did not copy as per what I
> understand.I have tried answering your queries.I hope you will read it
> calmly and would try to understand.
>

> 1. As far as I could guess we share similar background of competitive
> programming and have no experience in contributing to any large orgs . So I
> used your proposal as reference for writing my proposal.
>

> 1. Our Programming interest are same cause they are, I will end it
> here. This cannot be called a copy-case because thats-what I feel are the
> things that I like. How can you question that? Every guy that loves maths
> and programming would have written it in the same way and I'm not faking my
> interest toward them as you can check by following the links that I have
> given about different contest that I have participated in. Or do you want
> to say no-one other than you can like both.
> 2. The Timeline was, one feature that I liked in your proposal, so I
> used it. How its copying ? Your exact timeline will not even make sense for
> me,cause we are applying for different Projects.
> 3. And I did not understood "And you did not code for programming
> competency test, but have the same idea of implement of test" . What
> does this mean ? . Firstly I haven't read your proposal after you start
> describing "*far enough*" . So ,I did not know what you were doing in
> your test. Even if I knew what you have done or written there, do you
> think, you have claimed that way of solving the problem by putting it in
> your proposal ? And even after reading your proficiency test idea, the
> only thing that matches with my idea is the Basic-Distance function which
> is the first result that we get after googling the problem ? So , have we
> both copied from google ??
>

> I do not think this means reference, he just use my discription directly
and change some similar words.* This means COPY. *

> And please before going public with this, you could have at-least talked
> to me personally. I don't think Boost-Developer mailing list is meant for
> such discussions. Mailing list are made for communication that concerns the
> whole org not any individual. You could have directly mailed to me, before
> creating this nuisance.
> Genuinely you should be happy that people are following your style and if
> not, at least think a little before calling someone cheat because borrowing
> ideas are not equivalent to cheating , in anyway.
>
> I apologize to all for spamming their mail-boxes

*I do not accept his apologize. I want to be given impartial judgement for
this disgusting COPY.*

Thanks all for reading.:)

Best regards.