Subject: [boost] [review][mp11] Formal review of Mp11
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-15 10:19:04
The formal review of Peter Dimov's Mp11 library is scheduled for
July 15 - July 24, 2017 .
Mp11 is a C++11 metaprogramming library for compile-time manipulation of
data structures that contain types. Itâs based on template aliases and
variadic templates and implements the approach outlined in the article
"Simple C++ metaprogramming"  and its sequel . These articles are
useful background information for the review.
* Mp11 aims to make simple usage simple, and to support complex usage
without complicating the simple use cases.
* Mp11 works on any type-list, whether its own type-list mp_list,
or standard type-lists such as std::tuple and std::variant, or
* Mp11 works with any meta-function, such as C++11 or Boost
type-traits, or user-defined type-traits.
Mp11 can be found here:
* Documentation: https://rawgit.com/pdimov/mp11/master/doc/html/mp11.html
* Source code: https://github.com/pdimov/mp11/tree/master
Please answer the following questions in your review :
1. Should Mp11 be accepted into Boost? Please state all conditions
for acceptance explicity.
2. What is your evaluation of the design?
3. What is your evaluation of the implementation?
4. What is your evaluation of the documentation?
5. What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
6. Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have
7. How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
8. Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk