Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] PGI C++ compiler support
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-27 01:18:33

Hi David,

> On Jul 26, 2017, at 2:57 PM, David Olsen via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Many years ago, Boost was configured to work well with the PGI C++ compiler (http://www.pgroup.com/). But maintenance of the PGI support within Boost stopped about five years ago, and PGI will no longer build Boost without modifications to the Boost sources.

As the original developer and maintainer of the PGI toolset, I had no end of problems with compiler termination semantics, excessively long compile times (worse with TMP code), and with poor std support, so that's why Boost PGI support languished.

I do hope you’re able to bring PGI into the Boost fold.

Welcome aboard!