Subject: Re: [boost] CMake and Boost Build tests
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-27 01:56:40

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Gavin Lambert via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> <http://vinniefalco.github.io/beast/beast/ref/beast__http__async_read/overload1.html>
> One of the problems I've found with Doxygen is that many people don't
> actually get to that page, but rather only get as far as
> http://vinniefalco.github.io/beast/beast/ref/beast__http__async_read.html.

That's not a problem with Doxygen (which I have configured to output
only the XML description of the source code) but rather the XSLT style
sheet I have written. I copied the xsl from Asio and made some
improvements but the format is the same. Clicking on a function with
multiple overloads takes you to the "overload resolution" page which
you are complaining about (and to be fair you're not the only person).

My xsl skills aren't that great since I only just learned it after
copying Asio's style sheet. I'm waiting for a consultant to free up
some time to help me make the style sheets great. In the meanwhile I
have opened an issue:
<https://github.com/vinniefalco/docca/issues/28>

If anyone who is an XSL expert on the list might want to help, I would
be grateful. I spun off the xsl into its own reusable project called
"docca":
<https://github.com/vinniefalco/docca>

Here is the specific template which emits the overload selection page:
<https://github.com/vinniefalco/docca/blob/324a50da1b3dd0efa5416ff81dc6e7bf89181230/include/docca/doxygen.xsl#L1379>

Thanks