Subject: Re: [boost] LIB CSV
From: Pete Bartlett (pete_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-04 22:26:46

Sent from my iPhone
> On 4 Aug 2017, at 13:41, Klaim - Joël Lamotte via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On 4 August 2017 at 12:56, Greger via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> During some time I have created this CSV library:

>> p://www.multi.fi/~ghaga/libcsv/html/index.html</a>
>>
>> (For processing of CSV tables)
>>
>> any use?good?bad?
>>

> Hi,
> a few quick remarks:
>
> - unfortunately there is no standard CSV format,

There is an RFC though https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180

Unfortunately, iirc, there is a slight difference between this RFC and the standard implied by the hugely used Microsoft Excel. If this is (still) true, a library that could paper over the differences could be useful for conversions. Python's CSV module takes a "dialect" parameter to do this.