Subject: Re: [boost] Microsoft vs The Boost License
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-06 04:05:01

On 5 August 2017 at 21:21, Phil Bouchard via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On the promotion side to ISO I know the procedures are strict (like a
> thesis you have to defend in person) and takes some time but it looks like
> I reached to point of no return ;)

Maybe the Microsoft *vs* root_ptr way of looking at things is wrong. Herb
Sutter presented an idea (never stated it was all his) and wrote in his
words a "Toy" implementation, with no promiss of going beyond this, to
demonstrate that idea. It sounds to me like an invitation for some-one to
implement the real deal. That some-one could be you. So why don't you
rename root_prtr (again :-) ) to deferred_ptr and incorporate any (other)
ideas in HS's, that you might have missed, and I guess you will have an
early supporter.

degski

--
"*Ihre sogenannte Religion wirkt bloß wie ein Opiat reizend, betäubend,
Schmerzen aus Schwäche stillend.*" - Novalis 1798