Subject: Re: [boost] Improving Boost Docs
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-15 08:02:06

On 15/08/2017 02:13, Soul Studios via Boost wrote:
>> The only thing you have to learn is Quickbook and doxygen. I see
>> nothing "ridiculous" in that. You can ignore boostbook/docbook
>> completely.
>
> From what I recall there were about 12 different dependencies you had
> to set up in order to render anything from quickbook, with unclear
> guidelines, and no standard path for authoring quickbook. At any rate,
> I just thought I'd offer my impression as someone new to boosts doc
> process. I'm not interested in an argument.

12? Please see:
https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted, OK it looks
a little intimidating at first, but there are only three required installs:

xsltproc (you will almost certainly have this already on Linux).
DocBook DTD
DocBook XSL stylesheets

After that Quickbook will build itself for you (from a Jamfile), so will
auto_index if you want automatic indexing.

But yes, we need to improve the getting started stuff.... John.