Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.65.0 Release Candidate 4
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-18 14:53:01

On 18 August 2017 at 15:27, degski via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 18 August 2017 at 16:46, Rene Rivera via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> It makes a difference for some of us.
>

> You mean "us" devs, no? What about users?
>

>> As some of us are waiting for the release to happen so that we can merge
>> fixes and improvements to master for the next release cycle.
>>

> Relax, time's on our side!

We used to delay releases until every little thing was sorted out. And
that lead to releases being heavily delayed, which is good for no one,
users or developers. If we wait two weeks to fix a minor problem, then
a new minor problem will crop up one week later.

> There are fixes (PR's) out there that have not
> been merged for years and nobody does anything about those, even though
> they cause plenty of people major head-aches, but, yes, those people are
> not part of "us".

Then maybe try to get them fixed for the next release, rather than
waiting until the last minute?