Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.65.0 Release Candidate 4
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-18 15:10:36

On 18 August 2017 at 17:53, Daniel James via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> We used to delay releases until every little thing was sorted out. And
> that lead to releases being heavily delayed, which is good for no one,
> users or developers.

Me thinks that for users, the only thing that counts is that a new release
is rock-solid (i.e. at least as good as the previous one). We see plenty of
people on the list that are still on, just for arguments' sake 1.47, there
must be a reason for that. They (must) feel un-comfortable with newer
releases and the older stuff (the releases that got delayed maybe?) just
works for them (the bit they are using in any case).

degski

--
"*Ihre sogenannte Religion wirkt bloß wie ein Opiat reizend, betäubend,
Schmerzen aus Schwäche stillend.*" - Novalis 1798