Subject: Re: [boost] [review][Fit] Review of Fit starts today : September 8 - September 17
From: P F (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-16 17:38:25

> On Sep 15, 2017, at 1:45 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> On 9/8/17 4:02 AM, Matt Calabrese via Boost wrote:
>> A formal review of the Fit library developed by Paul Fultz II starts
>> today, September 8, and runs through September 17.
>> A branch has been made for the review. You can find Fit for review at
>> these links:
>> Source: https://github.com/pfultz2/Fit/tree/boost
>> Docs: http://pfultz2.github.io/Fit/doc/html/doc/
>
> I'm beginning to take a look at the documentation and immediatly I have question:
>
> How does this contrast with recently accepted Boost.CallableTraits and Boost.FunctionTypes?

Those seems more about querying properties about functions, which is different than the Fit library. Although, the Fit library does provide a `is_callable` trait which is similar to `is_invocable` in CallableTraits, but Fit implements this without using substitution failure on MSVC because it is problematic.

> Reading the introduction About and Motivation I would like to see a simple example of a problem solved by the library. I should be enough to make me want to investigate the library further or help me decide that it's not a good fit for what I want to do.
>
> I don't like names like Fit which give no helpful information. But I've lost that battle before so I won't belabor this any more.

True, I really like Vicente’s suggestion of HigherOrderFunctions.

.