Subject: Re: [boost] [ANN] Boost.UI - a new C++ GUI library
From: Kolya Kosenko (kolya.kosenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-28 13:20:14

On 09/28/2017 03:53 PM, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:
> On 9/28/2017 7:11 AM, Kolya Kosenko via Boost wrote:
> Here are some suggestions for what needs to be specified in the docs at
> a general level:

Thanks.

> 1) Some explanation of the major concepts of your library.

This concepts is already described in documentation, isn't it? Is it not
enough? "Boost.UI is a C++ User Interface Boost library that is
cross-platform, uses native system-provided widgets, has STL-like and
Boost-like API, compatible with other Boost libraries and supports
modern C++11/14/17 features."

> 2) On what Boost libraries does your library depend.

It depends only on Boost.Config library, other libraries could be
connected for data exchange.

> 3) Level of C++ needed,

It supports C++03/11/14/17 levels.

> header files to be included, and namespaces
> being used,

As described in examples master include file is boost/ui.hpp and
boost::ui namespace are used.

> and possibly on what compilers it has been tested.

I tested it with gcc 5.4.0, clang 3.8.0, msvc 9.0, 14.0.
I tried to add Boost.UI to blincubator.com, but this site seems broken.

There is no details in documentation because it is just first public
announce and many things could be changed.

Regards,
Kolya.