Subject: Re: [boost] Modularizing explicit-failures-markup.xml
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-02 23:01:02

On 1 October 2017 at 18:10, Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm looking into implementing a mechanism for updating
> explicit-failures-markup.xml without updating the super project. My
> basic idea is that modules can have a
> 'status/explicit-failures-markup.xml' file, and I'll write a script to
> update the super project file from modules. It will have the same
> format as the super project file, so can just copy and paste the
> relevant parts into your module.

This is running now, you can see an example at:

https://github.com/boostorg/functional/blob/develop/meta/explicit-failures-markup.xml

That file doesn't validate using the existing schema as it doesn't
have any 'mark-toolset' or 'note' elements, I think it should be
pretty trivial to make them optional, so I'll try to do that soon, or
maybe there should be a separate schema for modules?