Subject: Re: [boost] Asciidoc, an alternative for documentation
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-03 13:45:19

>:

> Looks nice. I am not familiar with asciidoc...
>
> * Does ascii interface with Doxygen? For example, can you embed in the
> asciidoc output a reference section generated by Doxygen and have
> hyperlinks in between the ascidoc and Doxygen sections? (Similar to
> Quickbook [xinclude ...].)

asciidoc was designed to support DocBook semantics. So, by converting the
file to DocBook XML, you shouldn't loss any information from the
documentation. If you can somehow interface DocBook XML and Doxygen, this
should be doable.

You can use a passthrough block in asciidoc syntax to directly write in
DocBook XML if needed: http://asciidoctor.org/docs/user-manual/#pass-blocks

* Does asciidoc allow to show code snips marked in an external source
> file? For example, to show example code snips in Quickbook using
> [import <file-name>] and then [abc], where //[abc ... //] are used as
> markers in file-name.

   -
   http://asciidoctor.org/docs/asciidoc-syntax-quick-reference/#source-code
   - http://asciidoctor.org/docs/user-manual/#listing-blocks

I take a long time to answer, but I'm sure you can get quick answers
directly in the asciidoc spaces.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/