Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Trac, random, No-Maintainer?
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-08 15:41:48

On 08.10.2017 11:32, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> On 10/08/17 17:00, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
>>
>> > Re Trac, I just enabled Github Issues for Random. Perhaps we
>> finally > need to do that for all libraries.
>>
>> I think it should be left up to the library maintainers.
>
> The library maintainers who dislike issues can re-disable them.

Huh.

> The problem with the current status quo is that when I look at a
> library and see its issues disabled, I don't know if that's because
> the maintainer wants them disabled, or because they are disabled
> because all were initially disabled. No way to gauge intent.

Yeah, the documentation structure still hasn't caught up with the move
to github.
Each project should *individually* contain some info to indicate how to
reach the maintainer and where to submit issues. There used to be a
single universal answer (trac), but quite a few libraries have moved to
github, yet there is no normalized way to indicate that.

(I quick and easy solution would be for each library to have its own
"landing page" (accessible through
"http://boostorg.github.com/>") which initially would be filled
out with default values. Library maintainers would take ownership of
that document and could change those values according to their needs.)

Stefan