Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Trac, random, No-Maintainer?
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-08 17:23:45

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> >> Just let the maintainers have admin rights for their libraries,
> >
> > They do.
>
> No, surely not all of them do. Some admin tickets requesting admin access
> are hanging unanswered for quite some time and I don't think admin rights
> were granted to maintainers during the transition to git. Not sure if
> admin rights are granted for new libraries.

I checked a few at random, all did. Initially they did not, but then, if I
recall correctly, Github changed the way privileges worked and maintainers
were made admins.

I could be wrong about that though.

> If project maintainers that have admin rights don't enable issues then
> they don't want it.

Not what my experience shows. (My sample is small, of course.) The typical
case is for the maintainers to not even know they have issues disabled. (And
there's no way for users to tell them short of creating a dummy pull
request, as the usual mechanism of creating an issue obviously doesn't
work.)