Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.HTTPKit, a new library from the makers of Beast!
From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-12 06:58:59

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...] spaghetti effect is inherent to the callback-based approach of push
> parsers?

Or maybe would you say that the spaghetti effect is small and acceptable
> here?

I've done quite of bit of XML processing in the past, using both PUSH (i.e.
SAX)
and PULL parsers, and also wrote my own JSON PUSH and PULL parsers, and
I *much* prefer PULL parsers. They are simpler to use, and lead to nicer
client code,
that's easier to read and follow. Not sure it's relevant to the discussion
here, but
just in case I thought I'd share that perspective. --DD