Subject: Re: [boost] Maintainers: Adding Coverity Scan to your library
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-12 13:17:04

On 12/10/2017 14:02, James E. King, III via Boost wrote:

> Even if you do not have travis integration in your library, running a
> manual scan will help you improve the quality of your library, so I
> recommend everyone at least do that much.

I don't have positive experiences with Coverity. Nor with their tech
support.

If you're going to run a lint tool, the most recent clang-tidy is hard
to beat, even compared to very expensive commercial lint tools. Plus, it
can rewrite your code to fix the lint problem for you. Much faster and
easier.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting