Subject: Re: [boost] Recommend dropping test coverage on msvc-7.1 and msvc-8.0
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-14 13:02:43

On 14 October 2017 at 12:41, James E. King, III via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> It looks like a large number of libraries will no longer build properly
> against them based on this report. I'm not sure what the procedure is to
> come to an agreement to drop a compiler in a release, but it looks like we
> should consider dropping msvc-7.1 and msvc-8.0. These are very old
> compilers for Windows development. Dropping them would also allow folks to
> more easily focus on failures in this report to make sure a release is as
> clean as possible and simplify the test matrix a little bit.

They can now be marked as unusable from your very own repo, I haven't
documented it yet, but an example that does that:

https://github.com/boostorg/contract/blob/develop/meta/explicit-failures-markup.xml

That will grey out the results in the test matrix, making it easier to
read, and there's no need to drop the test results for anyone who
finds them useful.