Subject: Re: [boost] How to build boost on windows with Clang/LLVM
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-16 10:09:59

On 15 October 2017 at 18:01, Mikhail Strelnikov via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I do use clang on Windows with bjam and it works (until it doesn't).
>
> This 'C:/Program' looks like problem patched by this commit -
> https://github.com/boostorg/build/commit/c442d64b30a585ca114
> a1cb8c5ed8b33a93412a3
> So you might need to use develop BB.

Thank you for pointing this out! I first applied that patch, but thereafter
the errors just accumulate. So I decided to checkout a develop snapshot
with:

git clone -b develop --single-branch --depth 1 --recursive
https://github.com/boostorg/boost.git

This together with (most of) your project-config.jam led to success
(almost), stacktrace didn't build (but maybe it cannot) and math didn't
build, I'll check the log, why math failed to build (but, that's not an
immediate concern)!

Thank you for your help (and providing a (git) learning opportunity).

degski

--
"*Ihre sogenannte Religion wirkt bloß wie ein Opiat reizend, betäubend,
Schmerzen aus Schwäche stillend.*" - Novalis 1798