Subject: [boost] RFC.. Steering Committee Bylaws Proposal
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-16 11:35:16

It has become clear to me, and some others, that the recent decisions of
the Steering Committee have exposed various problems with how the Steering
Committee operates. At CppCon I met with some of the Steering Committee and
expressed the concerns with them. I also explained, from my experience in
other organizations, how such issues are managed. The result of that is
that I will be proposing the Steering Committee adopt operating Bylaws. But
before formally presenting them to the Steering Committee I'd like get
feedback on them <http://bit.ly/2hI22DN>[1].

The Bylaws hopefully address some key issues that I feel are at the core of
the current problems:

* Decisions can be made without input from interested parties.
* Opaque selection of members.
* No recourse by library authors to correct problems.

This follows the original goals of the formation of the formation of
Steering Committee of being transparent and responsive <
http://bit.ly/2yoL5Ij>[2].

[1] <https://github.com/grafikrobot/other/blob/master/
bsc-bylaws-proposal/Boost%20Steering%20Committee%20Bylaws.md>
[2] <https://github.com/grafikrobot/other/blob/master/
bsc-bylaws-proposal/2011-05-20%20Boost%20governance%20annotated.pdf>

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything