Subject: Re: [boost] RFC.. Steering Committee Bylaws Proposal
From: Jared Grubb (jared.grubb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-17 06:34:44

> El oct. 16, 2017, a las 04:35, Rene Rivera via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> escribió:
>
> It has become clear to me, and some others, that the recent decisions of
> the Steering Committee have exposed various problems with how the Steering
> Committee operates. At CppCon I met with some of the Steering Committee and
> expressed the concerns with them. I also explained, from my experience in
> other organizations, how such issues are managed. The result of that is
> that I will be proposing the Steering Committee adopt operating Bylaws. But
> before formally presenting them to the Steering Committee I'd like get
> feedback on them <http://bit.ly/2hI22DN>[1].
>
> The Bylaws hopefully address some key issues that I feel are at the core of
> the current problems:
>
> * Decisions can be made without input from interested parties.
> * Opaque selection of members.
> * No recourse by library authors to correct problems.
>
> This follows the original goals of the formation of the formation of
> Steering Committee of being transparent and responsive <
> http://bit.ly/2yoL5Ij>[2].

When buildbot joined the SFC, one of the requirements (and service!) that SFC had was to help create a board together with all the rules.

Since boost is also a member of the SFC, did it do the same? If so, wouldn't that board already have rules and regulations? Or is that body distinct from the one called "Steering Committee"?