Subject: Re: [boost] Seems like I need write-access to merge a PR
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-25 19:36:53

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 12:12 PM, James E. King, III via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Doesn't this defeat the purpose of using Appveyor and Travis, or do you have
> additional tests that take too long for CI builds to be useful? If you
> keep some tests to yourself, the process of vetting new code changes from outside
> becomes unmaintainable.

My motto is "Trust in God, but always run the tests locally." There
are security considerations here, so I make sure that my workflow
always brings external submissions through my own machine where I can
inspect it with a debugger and my own two eyes. I am strongly opposed
to any "farm to market" system since that could lead to being lazy.