Subject: Re: [boost] C++03 / C++11 compatibility question for compiled libraries
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-08 19:36:00

On 8 February 2018 at 13:25, Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

>> > In the context of this discussion, it's irrelevant.
>>
>> It seems only logical to me to decrease coupling with other boost
>> libraries as time moves on, to use the std-equivalent of certain boost
>> libraries...
>>

> This discussion is about link compatibility between code compiled with
> C++03 and code compiled with C++11. If your code uses std::function, it
> can't be compiled with C++03 and therefore this thread is simply not for
> you.

Yes, I get that, I'm stating the opposite, if it's compiled with C++11, it
should use std::function.

There's an interesting std::function replacement in Cometa
<https://github.com/kfrlib/cometa>, btw.

degski

PS: I really don't understand the focus of boost to always want to compile
stuff with the most archaic compilers possible. If your using an old
compiler, just use a(n older) boost version that works with that specific
compiler.