Subject: Re: [boost] [CMake] Status of cmake support.
From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-26 11:10:22

Hi Robert,

> On 23. Feb 2018, at 17:43, Robert Ramey via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Personally, I'm thinking an active boost member is someone who has spent significant time interacting on the mailing lists and whose posts demonstrate the appropriate temperament, detachment, maturity, C++ and other technical competence.

I am glad to hear that you see it this way. Let me mention a few things in my favour, then. I think I am reasonably knowledgable in the domain of build systems. I have >5 years of hacking experience with CMake in two large projects and many small ones. CMake is my build system of choice, but I also tinkered with pure Makefiles, QMake, SCons, and B2. I keep up with the evolution of best practices in CMake. My own CMakeLists.txt files lack the elegance that BCM displays, but I never tried to make a clean CMake module library.

Regarding soft skills, I consider myself quite good at evaluating arguments and taking a neutral stance. I don't value my own opinion above others, the ultimate arbiter for me on any topic is whether something makes sense or not.

If someone else with more experience steps forward that is fine with me as well, but my offer stands.

Best regards,
Hans