Subject: Re: [boost] [release][yap] Master archive builds broken.. for a long time.
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-06-24 14:57:54

On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 11:26 PM Zach Laine <whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 10:14 AM Rene Rivera via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> While checking to see that the master PRs I did yesterday to master where
>> not causing problems I noticed something unrelated. Looks like the master
>> archive build has been failing for a long time now. Seems the addition of
>> YAP is broken. It appears there's some documentation files missing:
>>

>> /home/ubuntu/build/boost/bin.v2/doc/gcc-4.8/debug/auto-index-on/threadapi-pthread/src/boost.auto_index.docbook:65535:
>> element include: XInclude error : could not load
>>
>> /home/ubuntu/build/boost/bin.v2/doc/gcc-4.8/debug/auto-index-on/threadapi-pthread/home/ubuntu/boost/libs/yap/doc/yap_reference.xml,
>> and no fallback was found
>>
>> From any of the builds in <
>> https://circleci.com/gh/boostorg/boost/tree/master>.
>>

> Daniel James brought this up with me via private email. He seemed to
> think that there was no problem with the build config per se, but that the
> failure was because I did not have a develop branch, which has now been
> added. Following the link above, I don't see a way to trigger a new build,
> presumably because I am not an admin on boostorg. Is there something I
> should do at this point, or is there a regular build that I should wait for?

Builds have been happening many times by now. The problem has nothing to do
with a missing branch as the builds happen in the same branch. The problem
is that you have an xinclude in your yap.qbk <
https://github.com/boostorg/yap/blob/master/doc/yap.qbk#L157> for an xml
file that isn't being generated when doing the "boostdoc" target.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything