Subject: Re: [boost] [release][yap] Master archive builds broken.. for a long time.
From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-06-24 20:17:12

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 9:58 AM Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 11:26 PM Zach Laine <whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 10:14 AM Rene Rivera via Boost <
>> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> While checking to see that the master PRs I did yesterday to master where
>>> not causing problems I noticed something unrelated. Looks like the master
>>> archive build has been failing for a long time now. Seems the addition of
>>> YAP is broken. It appears there's some documentation files missing:
>>>

>>> /home/ubuntu/build/boost/bin.v2/doc/gcc-4.8/debug/auto-index-on/threadapi-pthread/src/boost.auto_index.docbook:65535:
>>> element include: XInclude error : could not load
>>>
>>> /home/ubuntu/build/boost/bin.v2/doc/gcc-4.8/debug/auto-index-on/threadapi-pthread/home/ubuntu/boost/libs/yap/doc/yap_reference.xml,
>>> and no fallback was found
>>>
>>> From any of the builds in <
>>> https://circleci.com/gh/boostorg/boost/tree/master>.
>>>

>> Daniel James brought this up with me via private email. He seemed to
>> think that there was no problem with the build config per se, but that the
>> failure was because I did not have a develop branch, which has now been
>> added. Following the link above, I don't see a way to trigger a new build,
>> presumably because I am not an admin on boostorg. Is there something I
>> should do at this point, or is there a regular build that I should wait for?
>>

> Builds have been happening many times by now.

I believe you. Where can I see that?

> The problem has nothing to do with a missing branch as the builds happen
> in the same branch. The problem is that you have an xinclude in your
> yap.qbk <https://github.com/boostorg/yap/blob/master/doc/yap.qbk#L157>
> for an xml file that isn't being generated when doing the "boostdoc" target.

 Ok, I've moved the explicit dependency from the boostbook section to the
xml one. I hope that fixes the problem, but when I did a build locally
using yap develop on my local machine with a checkout of the boost
superproject's develop, I got a totally different error than the one
above. After my changes, the doc build seems to work.

I'm going to watch https://circleci.com/gh/boostorg/boost/tree/develop. Is
that right, or should I also look somewhere else for doc builds?

Zach