Subject: Re: [boost] [Library idea] Type-safe Flagsets
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-06-26 13:41:27

On 26 June 2018 at 16:15, Julien Vernay via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Triboolsets could be a possibility (even if not sure of the purpose) ...

One could use them for something like G.O.A.P.
<https://github.com/stolk/GPGOAP>

> ... but providing other concepts as floating point or int is too specific
> to an
> application and I think it should have its own type.

Once one has adopted the idea of "flags" to possibly not exist, i.e. not to
be either true or false, a natural extension is to adopt "fuzzy flags" as
well, i.e. use floats. Some bike-shedding: I think the word flags is not
sufficiently general.

degski

--
*"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*