Subject: Re: [boost] [Histogram] Status of the review schedule
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-11 11:51:11

On 11 July 2018 at 11:19, Hans Dembinski <hans.dembinski_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 10. Jul 2018, at 19:25, Mateusz Loskot via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Following some discussion in January this year, Hans Dembinski's
>> Histogram library was scheduled for review in March.
>>
>> AFAICT, no review happened.
>>
>> What is the current status of the proposal?
>

> thank you for asking about the status.
>
> Short answer:
> The originally scheduled review did not happen, because my review manager
> dropped out at the last minute. I was not able to find a new review manager
> quickly, so I decided to work on the library again before rallying up
> support for a review.

Hans, if it works for you, I am willing to volunteer and propose
myself as the review manager.

I have to warn you, I not extensively experienced as a review manager,
having one review under my sleeve - it was the GIL IOv2 review years ago.

However, assuming
- you are not being able to find any better candidate
- I can count on the community to watch my hands and point out any
issues on any side
- we can schedule review after the summer time, some time in September
then I am ready to do it.

Your call, please.

> This work is now completed, and I kindly ask the list for support. I need a
> review manager for histogram.

This sounds very good.

I certainly will to crunch it through myself preparing for the review.

Best regards,