Subject: Re: [boost] [Range] 1.68 master/beta MSVC compilation error with /fpermissive-
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-12 20:31:34

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 8:16 AM, Alexander Grund via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The fixes for this are contained in the develop branch and only need to be
> merged.
>
> And yes it (obviously) was a MSVC bug and it seems to be resolved now.
>
> PS: And yes MSVC is a moving target. But concluding that it should not be
> supported by boost would be short-sighted. There are just to many users of
> Boost with MSVC and they rely on Boost abstracting all those dirty details
> relating to compiler bugs away (as well as platform dependencies etc).

Yes, but at some point we have to ship a boost release.

[ We've had this discussion many times in the past - "should we delay Boost
1.XX because VS XX.yy will be released next week", and we've pretty much
always said - "Nope - we're shipping" ]

Note that this is not a commentary on the current details - just a general
observation.

-- Marshall